Graduate Certificate in Clinical Physiotherapy

Here is a brief summary of the Graduate Certificate course in Clinical Physiotherapy, Curtin University in Australia. This should be great for foreign trained physiotherapists who want to either major in Women's health or Musculoskeletal physiotherapy.

I also think this should give you a comprehensive orientation of how the Australian health care system works and how to work as a physiotherapist in Australia.

This is a 6Month full time course (Part time also available) where you can choose to either major in "Continence and Women’s health" or Musculoskeletal physiotherapy.

Continence and Women's Health
This major will provide you with the opportunity to become an expert clinician in women's health physiotherapy and its related areas of practice. In this major you will develop clinical skills in the assessment and management of conditions which are unique, common or serious to women, or require special interventions in women.
You will develop particular expertise in the management of pelvic floor dysfunction and its presentations, including bladder and bowel dysfunction, disorders of the pelvic organ and pelvic girdle support, sexual dysfunction and pelvic pain.

Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
The Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy major is designed to enhance knowledge, skill and clinical competencies in muscoloskeletal physiotherapy practice.
In this major you can learn: advanced examination and treatment, advanced patient management and clinical communication skills through evidence-based practice and contemporary clinical practice methods. 

You require :

A bachelor degree in physiotherapy or equivalent

At least 12 months' relevant clinical experience.

Must be registered physiotherapists with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia or be eligible for limited registration for postgraduate training in Australia.

It's essential that all students that partake in a professional program are registered with the Physiotherapists Registration Board of Western Australia.

Application for temporary registration is made in person by providing the Physiotherapists Registration Board of WA with certified copies of physiotherapy qualifications, as well as an original “Letter of Good Standing” (or a Statutory Declaration), dated within six months of the date of making application for temporary registration.

Application for temporary registration should be completed prior to your arrival in Perth for the start of the course. Temporary registration and participation in this professional program will not be possible without proof of (temporary) registration.

Documents to submit with your application

Academic transcript
Award certificate
Academic/Professional Referees
Professional registration license

Get more information

Graduate Certificate in Clinical Physiotherapy Graduate Certificate in Clinical Physiotherapy Reviewed by Nancy on February 07, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Nice to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.